Effective date: March 1, 2021
What this policy covers
Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you. This policy is intended to help you understand:
What information we collect about you
1. How we use information we collect
2. How we share your information
3. How we transfer information we collect internationally
4. How we secure information we collect
5. How long we keep information
6. How to access and control your information
7. Other important privacy information
This policy also explains your choices about how we use information about you. Your choices include how you can object to certain uses of information about you and how you can access and update certain information about you. If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
1. What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Service, and when other sources provide it to us. We describe this below.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you when you input it into the Service or otherwise provide it directly to us, such as:
Account and Profile Information:
We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through the website. We keep track of your preferences when change them under My Account.
Information you provide through our support channels:
The Service also include support channel, where you may choose to submit information about a problem you are experiencing with our Service. Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, or otherwise engage with our support team, you might be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services.
Device and Connection Information:
We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Services. This device information includes your connection type and settings when you access, or use our Services. We also collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device identifiers, and crash data. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Examples of Cookies we use:
Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to keep you logged into our Service.
Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
2. How we use information we collect
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us.
- To enable member only content and personalize your experience
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To customize the advertising and content you see
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- To personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
3. How we share your information
We will not transfer your personal information to any third party without seeking your consent, except in limited circumstances as described below:
- Analytics We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Ad service We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
We require such third party’s to use the personal information we transfer to them only for the purpose for which it was transferred and not to retain it for longer than is required for fulfilling the said purpose.
4. How we transfer information we collect internationally
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
5. How we secure information we collect
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is secure. We use a variety of technical, physical, and administrative security measures to secure the confidentiality of your personal information and to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration, and destruction, however we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
6. How long we keep information
365Chess.com will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
7. How to access and control your information
Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our website.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. 365Chess.com aims to take steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
You can edit your 365Chess.com account information at any time. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Under My Account you can make any modifications to your account information. If you would like any or all information deleted entirely you can contact us and we will accommodate your request.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where 365Chess.com relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
8. Other important privacy information
Links to other sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our policy towards children
The Service are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us.
Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.