Chess Tactics in the Catalan Opening – IM Mat Kolosowski
What You Will Get in this Course
Video LessonsThis Course contains video lessons to guide you through its content.
Games DatabaseThis course includes a database of chess games played by masters to see the theory "in action".
Risk Free Purchase
90 Days Refund Guarantee
If for any reason you are not absolutely happy with the Course, we will refund the full amount of your purchase back to you. No questions asked!
- Chapter 1: Forks
- Chapter 2: Trapped Pieces
- Chapter 3: The Long Diagonal
- Chapter 4: Attacking the King in the Center
- Chapter 5: Attacking the Castled King
- Chapter 6: Catalan Pressure
- Chapter 7: Model Games – Black Wins
- Chapter 8: Kramnik’s Notable Catalan Victories
Chess Tactics in the Catalan Opening!
You already know that the Catalan Opening is a super-smart way for White to play good chess.
Flexible, solid, central control, full of attacking potential…
But, like any opening, it helps to know the chess tactics… the combinations, sacrifices, and chess attacks that will win or lose you the game on the spot.
And IM Mat Kolosowski has prepared a 7h 40m briefing on all you need to know with his fantastic 80/20 Tactics Multiplier course on the Catalan Opening.
All the tricks, traps, and mating attacks – for BOTH colors!
Mat has split the course by theme, so you get sections on trapping pieces, attacking the king in the center, attacking the castled king, plus model games that show you how to build up pressure and keep the game sharp.
About the Author:
Mat Kołosowski is an International Master from Poland. He is a multiple Polish youth championship medalist. In 2010 he took 5th place in European U-18 Championship. During the course of his chess career, Mat has won many international tournaments.
Apart from being a player, he is also a chess coach who has experience working with students from more than 20 countries.
He has helped some of his students obtain their own international titles. Mat has also performed live commentary of Polish and European Rapid and Blitz Championships.
Only a small part of what you’ll get
- Kramnik classics. Big Vlad is a true master of the Catalan Opening, showing everyone how it’s done for decades. Now he shows YOU, via Mat, of course. Learn the subtleties of this opening with expert analysis of Kramnik’s most instructive wins with BOTH colors!
- Playing the long game. Wars are fought and lost on that long diagonal… which is why Mat dedicates a whole chapter to game-winning tactics like this (diagram). 13.Ne5 looks good until Black’s killer counter!
- The Catalan attack formula. Every element of the Catalan – from the pawn formation to the minor pieces that stay on the board – contributes to repeatable attack ideas. IM Koloswski has handpicked some attacking classics, breaking them down to reveal the Catalan Opening Attack Blueprint!
- Hidden traps. Most people see the Catalan as a strategic opening, but the number of tight spaces and discovered attacks give rise to a ton of sneaky traps. Even seemingly natural moves can backfire (diagram).
Win the game quickly or win the game slow… either way, the tips, tricks and strategic ideas in this training will massively stack the odds in your favor.
Each chapter starts simple and builds in complexity, providing the perfect difficulty curve for learning.
The course also includes the complete 58-game PGN file!
Unleash the power of the Catalan Opening now!